Home of the Livingston Raiders

CoVID-19 Communication from LYSA

June 17th, 2020

Concerning the fall season

In the event that the Governor's office indicates the state will re-enter Phase One or Issues a Stay at Home Order by the start of season (Aug 29), LYSA has chosen to cancel the season due to the restrictions of Phase One.  If uniforms have already been ordered, the $25/$75 deposit will be used to pay for the uniforms and LYSA will distribute these to the players and no further fees will be collected.  If uniforms have not been ordered, the non-refundable fee will be credited towards your account for next season.  We are hoping and planning for the best case scenario, and are taking actions to ensure that our soccer community has every chance to play under safe, reasonable conditions.  If you would like to read MYSA's guideline for play, please click this link.  Thank you for your support and understanding.

April 6th, 2020

Hello to all Spring Competitive families,

We here at LYSA hope that everyone is doing well and staying safe.  As you may, or may not know, MYSA is still trying to decide what they will be doing with our current season.  There really are only two options at this point.  A shorter season, that will start later and run more into the summer, or total cancellation.  

We have talked to MYSA multiple times in the last week.  Here are a few key facts.  US Soccer has not made any decisions to date.  It seems they are holding on that they will still be able to have teams play here in the US this spring.  This is important because we have already paid our player insurance fees and team fees.  This makes it difficult for MYSA to make any decisions at this time.  However, after a  very productive Zoom Meeting, the LYSA Spring Committee has decided to end our current registration.  We will be refunding ALL money paid to LYSA for the current season. We feel it more important to help our families at this time than to wait.  If we are able to play again sometime this summer we will reopen registration and collect fees then.

Due to the fact that we will not be seeing all money refunded from US Soccer and MYSA, we will have a short fall this season.  LYSA has some reserves for situations such as this.  However, we would like to ask our families that are able to help us out to donate $50 of their registration back to LYSA.  This will help us insure that we can maintain our fields even without players present, and pay for some of the spring expenses we did have .  We understand the difficult times that everyone faces so this is completely optional.

Here is the timeline that we see as of now.  We ask that anyone willing to donate back to LYSA let us know by Friday. This way, by next Monday we will send all refunds back to our families.  Any opportunites to play will be fully explored when the time comes.  If we are able to play we will re-open registration and start over.  The fees will be based accordingly at that time.   

We will remain flexible for the remainder of the Spring and be prepared in case of possible season.  We will continue to work towards bringing the greatest sport to our kids as soon as is safe.  Thank you to everyone for understanding and being patient.  Feel free to email any of us.

Thanks everyone.

Matt P

March 28th, 2020

Soccer Families,

See email below from MYSA in regards to 2020 Spring Season. Stay Safe Everyone.

The Montana Youth Soccer Board convened last night to discuss the latest on the COVID-19 pandemic. As you will recall, it was announced after the Board’s meeting on Friday, March 13th that all MYSA sanctioned activities would be suspended through Tuesday, March 31st. It’s been just two weeks since our initial announcement, but the situation has been beyond fluid and many facets of our daily lives have changed. In that time, the first confirmed positive tests in the state were announced, more than 120 additional positive tests have been confirmed, we’ve all learned about social distancing and the Governor has issued a stay at home directive.

After a review of the above facts and an examination of the options, the MYSA Board voted last night to extend the suspension of all sanctioned activities through Thursday, April 30th. The MYSA Board and I decided this as the most realistic timeline to return based on the information currently available. Although it is not easy, this is the right thing to do when considering the health and safety of the youth soccer family in Montana.

This pandemic has taken a lot from each of us already, but it will not take away Montana Youth Soccer’s will to make soccer happen again. When we can get back on the field, we will do so. The coming days and weeks will be spent monitoring the situation as we look ahead to April 30th. Each Member Club can expect consistent communication from MYSA going forward as we share information and solicit your thoughts.

Given the gravity of the situation and the impact this information may have on each of your organizations, I felt it important to share this news with our Member Clubs today before it’s announced publicly. I will not be posting the details of this update on our website and social media accounts until Monday.

March 13th, 2020

Hi all,
Sadly the following information came from the MYSA.  ALL soccer related activities are to be suspended immediately until March 31st or further notice.  Following is the full email from the state.  As our players and families health is the highest priority this understandable.  Again, as more info comes we will pass on.  Thank you for understanding and helping us through this.  
Matt P

Effective Friday, March 13 th , 2020, Montana Youth Soccer Association is suspending all affiliated and sanctioned soccer activities through Tuesday, March 31 st . The suspension applies to all MYSA and Member Club programs regardless of location or setting. This includes, but is not limited to all:


•         Practices and training sessions

•         Friendlies

•         Games

•         Tournaments

•         Clinics

•         Coaching Education Courses

•         Montana Development Program events


Unfortunately, our sport and its related activities provide an opportunity for the virus to spread. Montana Youth Soccer feels it is our duty to help our soccer families avoid these situations (see the CDC excerpt below).

“...COVID-19 is mainly spread through respiratory droplets (sneeze, cough or sweat) when in close contact (within 6 feet) OR by touching a surface with such droplets and then touching one’s own mouth, nose or eyes...”

This is an unprecedented situation which has caused an unavoidable outcome. This decision was made in accordance with US Soccer, US Youth Soccer and information from medical agencies and professionals. While it is not easy for us to take this step, it is in the best interest of the health and safety of the entire youth soccer family in Montana that we do.

Montana Youth Soccer will remain vigilant as we evaluate conditions on a continuing basis to determine when it is appropriate to reinstate our affiliated and sanctioned soccer activities. Further communications will be provided via email, our  website   and social media. Our goal is to return to the game we all love as soon as possible.

The mission of the Livingston Youth Soccer Association is to provide youth in the Livingston area with the opportunity to engage in soccer activities that will enhance their physical, mental, emotional, and social development in a safe and nurturing environment. LYSA promotes the values of good sportsmanship, leadership, teamwork, and personal excellence. PO Box 556, Livingston, MT 59047